Hajj is one of the five pillars of Islam. Though performing Hajj is mandatory for all Muslims, Umrah is optional for them. However, every Muslim nourishes a desire to perform both Hajj and Umrah at least once in their lifetime. This holy journey ends at Mecca and Madina. With more and more Muslims going for Hajj pilgrimage, many travel companies are offering a host of packages for Hajj and Umrah tour.
Travelling Mecca and Madina is way different from visiting a place of beauty, architectural glamour or cultural heritage. It is a spiritual journey and can be undertaken only after you are done with some important duties. There are rules and regulations that the intending Hajj pilgrims must comply with before boarding their flight to the holy city. According to Islam, you have to pay off all of your dues and also leave a will before jetting away for Hajj journey.
Those below 18 years of age are prohibited from performing Hajj if they are not accompanied by a guardian. Women aged below 45 years must be accompanied by their father/husband whereas there are so such restrictions for the women aged more than 45 years. Those who undertake a travel for Hajj and Umrah usually contact a tour operator. The travel agencies have several tour packages tailored-made to suit your purpose and pocket. There are low-cost package for the budget travelers whereas deluxe packages are also on offer for those willing to enjoy luxury amenities.
Here are a few tips to follow before you set for Hajj and Umrah travel. First of all, you should carry some essential items listed as follows:
- Check your passport, identity card, ticket and hotel vouches. Also carry copies (at least, two) of your visa, passport, tickets and traveler’s checks.
- Make sure to pack daily necessities including towel, pair of sleepers, soap, shampoo, toothbrush, paste, mouth wash, an umbrella, detergent, nail cutter, a pair of socks, tissue papers, alarm clock and camera.
- Though you will be staying in a hotel, you should carry a packet of biscuits, some dry fruits, a few extra packets of juices, tea bags as well as water heater for tea making.
- Also take a prayer mat as five-time prayer is a must-do for all Muslims.
- You may fall ill during your holy visit. So make sure to pack some medicines including Immodium, Cough Syrup, Ponstan, Strepsils and Disprin to deal with mild health hazards.
It is also crucial for you to contact only a renowned Hajj and Umrah tour operator so that you can enjoy the best and safest service. Have a holy journey and feel blessed!
You have any experience to share, share through comments.